Member down

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greg Ball has asked me to pass on this sad news -

One of your DIYA members, Johan Potgieter, who regulatly posts here has been injured in a fatal car accident on July 17, in South Africa, in which a family member was killed.

He is undergoing treatment in a hospital in Pretoria. His condition is unknown.

Greg is in contact with family. his contact is gregmball@hotmail.com

Guys,

The accident occurred last Monday morning, July 17th. Johan has suffered several broken ribs and is obviously in a lot of pain.
He is slowly making good progress however in a local Hospital, and could be discharged quite soon.

I will pass on any posts/emails directly to him if you wish. Please use the subject line "Johan Potgieter".

-Eric
ericskeen@yahoo.com

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Eric,
I'm sure we all miss Johan, he is a very helpful and courteous person who really knows his stuff. It's good to know he will be better in time. The lost of a family member in the same accident is also incredibly sad news.

Best wishes and deepest sympathies on the loss of someone so close to him.

-Chris

Chaps,

A little bit of good news under he circumstances. Johan is scheduled to return home tomorrow (Sunday). I have passed on all the good wishes as received, he will see them when he is well enough to switch on his computer.

Johan is a retired CSIR Audio Engineer, and an extremely knowledgable person in matters relating to Audio. He really enjoys this forum and feels he has gained much additional knowledge from participating in the posts and discussions. I am sure that when things settle down a bit he will be back and I know the messages from you chaps will help cheer him up.

On behalf of Johan and his family, a big thank you to all of you who have responded with encouraging messages of support during this difficult time.

-Eric

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Eric,
Thank you for the update. I am heartened by the news. I think I'll join mikeks in a toast to Johan's health.

The loss of his relative is going to be a tough blow. Please extend my condolences to Johan and his family. All our best!

-Chris

Family_Dog said:
Chaps,

A little bit of good news under he circumstances. Johan is scheduled to return home tomorrow (Sunday). I have passed on all the good wishes as received, he will see them when he is well enough to switch on his computer.

Johan is a retired CSIR Audio Engineer, and an extremely knowledgable person in matters relating to Audio. He really enjoys this forum and feels he has gained much additional knowledge from participating in the posts and discussions. I am sure that when things settle down a bit he will be back and I know the messages from you chaps will help cheer him up.

On behalf of Johan and his family, a big thank you to all of you who have responded with encouraging messages of support during this difficult time.

-Eric

Cheers, Eric.

Folks,

Johan telephoned me earlier this evening to once more express his thanks and appreciation for all the good wishes from members of this forum. Unfortunately, he does not have ready internet access from his son's residence so he cannot yet reply to all who sent messages just yet, but he will do as soon as he has access to his computer and the internet.

He is healing nicely, but still has to tread warily - those of you have may have suffered from broken ribs would probably know all about this!

Johan is indeed humbled by your messages of support and is honoured by the friends he has made on this forum.

-Eric

Hi Hugo,

It is FREEZING here!! Much of the country had a fairly decent snowfall yesterday, about 5 - 10cm deep. Luckily, our cold snaps never last too long and I expect all the snow will be gone by the weekend.

We had the coldest day of the year yesterday, and I figure it was the coldest day for the last three or four years too. Our last few winters have been very mild.

Johan is sounding very much like his old self, I am very pleased to say, and I expect we can look forward to some of his posts within the next few days.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.