Solid State Photo Gallery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey man! Why do other subject categories have a permanent Images Gallery fixed at the top on the category and not the Solid State section?

That makes no sense to me, am I the first to notice? Oh well, here goes...

Here is my first "BIG" DIY amp project. It is the Quasi complementary design by "Quasi" "amplifier under development" I had a good time building this amp and the sound is fantastic!

And I think this should be a permanent topic at the top of the Solid State Amps Section.

Cheers,

Shawn.

Attachments

• quasi 083small.jpg
    quasi 083small.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,004
Thank You

ostie01 said:
HI, this is a nice job, well done

You wouldn't believe the sonic ability of this amp! After listening for days now, my favourite attribute is the balanced mid frequency performance, not harsh, not bright, yet not dull. This is a very balanced design, audiophile quality for certain and capable of delivering tremendous ammounts of power at the same time.

Cheers,

Shawn.

Attachments

• quasi top.jpg
    quasi top.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 828
Is it a DIY Holiday?

TomWaits said:
Hey man! Why do other subject categories have a permanent Images Gallery fixed at the top on the category and not the Solid State section?

That makes no sense to me, am I the first to notice? Oh well, here goes...

Here is my first "BIG" DIY amp project. It is the Quasi complementary design by "Quasi" "amplifier under development" I had a good time building this amp and the sound is fantastic!

And I think this should be a permanent topic at the top of the Solid State Amps Section.

Cheers,

Shawn.

Are the Mods on a DIY Extended Holiday? Why is there no thread for Pictures of Semiconductor DIY amps at the top of the Solid State section? No takers? No mods? I don't understand?

Am I blind :)

Shawn.

The prototype I slapped together this week. Testing a new circuit, it works good enough to throw a few more bucks at it for appearence(and add the other 2 channels). There is 86 transistors in these 2 channels, about 2 X 20-25W driving 4Ohm, full range. VERY quiet at idle yet the highs are crystal clear.:)

Attachments

• dscf2428.jpg
    dscf2428.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 292
The larger 'box' is the 2 seperate amplifiers except for the outputs, drivers and Vbe multiplier. It dissapates a total of about 600mW heat. The smaller 'box' is a +/- 26V votage regulator fed from a half wave voltage doubler circuit. It dissapates a total of around 1W

I bet there are lots of cheap amps out there. This one may be quite hard to beat on the cheapness vs quality scale.:whacko:

Attachments

• dscf2427.jpg
    dscf2427.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 243
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.