Krell KSA50S conversion 110 to 230 Volts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
if it is wired for 110Vac/120Vac at present then all four primary wires must be connected to the mains input.
two wires to the live (hot) and two wires to the neutral (cold or return).

Can you confirm which colours are connected to the live and which colours to the neutral?

Output boards needed

HI
I'm in the proces to put the Krell KSA50 together soon .I have my pc boards from the GB was design by Pink M , I already stuff them .
My question if some one has a set spare output boards he did't used because he used hard wire ect ,
I would be itrested on them.
I want to double the output board because I will use four or more pair transistor per chanel , to spred the heat better on 15inch tall heatsink .
By the way about the transistor
I have MJL21193/94 4pair or more per chanel plastic case.
MJ15003/04 3pair per chanel metal c
MJL1302A/3281A 3 or 4 pair/chanel plas.case
If anyone can give me advise out of his experience wich power transistors I choose .
Thanks to all of you
regards

Hi Cor,
let's start with safety.
Use a mains bulb tester in series with the primary to prevent damage to the transformer if it is wired wrongly.

Now lets look at your diagram with the wire volatges on it.
blk-0, gry-100, or 120. and brn-0, vio 100, wtht-120.

Could you remeasure to check I have it right? The bigger rsistance on each winding will be between blk to gry and from brn to vio.

Connect or and brn.
Connect neutral to white.
Connect blk to live.
Insert the plug top into the outlet of the bul tester.
Switch on.

Hi,
first pic will not download, so I do not know what you mean "bridge".
The second pic has lost the coloured wires so I have no clue to what is where.

The "20" label seems to be the wrong one, which suggests that the "0" and "120" labels are swapped.

Do you want to kill your self?

Hi,
I am still not absolutely sure what's happening here.

But let me try this.
Disconnect from the mains to ensure everybody is safe.
Remove the wires labelled "20" from the connectors.

Measure the resistance from each of the empty connectors to each of the other connectors, call the left set L120, L20, L0.

Measure the resistance from cable L20 to connector L120 and from L20 to L0. do the same for the right hand half.

Tell us what you get .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.