adcom 555 help/upgrades

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello I am a new writer to the diy forum.I have a question about upgrading the adcom 555 II.I have one lying around that i have not used for approx.3 years.It is a harsh sounding amp that has turn off pops,i am worried about damaging my speakers so i have not used it.I have read posts about upgrading the power supply caps ,internal wiring,rca jacks,and i believe other caps inside the amp.Would doing these upgrades fix the pop,and make the amp sound better .If i cannot use this amp for my mains i would consider using it as a sub amp.any info would be greatly appreciated,
I have one more question that i will place here and create another post. If i use the adcom as my main channel amp ,after upgrades,would that increase the clarity and sound quality (by relieving some pressure on the reciever)of my current system.
my reciever is a b&k avr202 105*5 great sound
amp adcom 555II200*2 600*1 harsh sounding but powerful
b&w 804 not very efficient but great sounding
b&w htmb center
def tech sub
the system sounds good now but i would like to integrate the amp back in.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.