My DIY project with Marantz CD52 and Amp. Advice welcome - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th June 2006, 01:16 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default My DIY project with Marantz CD52 and Amp. Advice welcome

Hello,

I have recently discovered the joy of DIY with some of my old equipments. Marantz CD52 and a old Marantz Amp. I didn't realise they have so much protential left in them. I almost give them away one time!

I replaced the CD52 standard output op-amps with a pair of Bursonaudio HDAMs. The result was amazing. I also tried those HDAMs on my marantz amplifier. The improvement was equally impressive.

Here are some photos of my project so far. Can someone please tell me what more I should do to these units? I've heard a lot of upgrades, but not sure which one is worthwhile (change caps, modifiy laser pickup, change super jitter clock, change power supply) It's very confusing, but I want to try them all!

Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
Old 20th June 2006, 10:33 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

The Cap in your Marantz Amp seems a bit small maybe you can change to a bigger one.

Cap mod works but it is trouble some to do and I will not suggest you spending more time with this AMP.
Old 24th June 2006, 11:35 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks again KT88. I was trying the Burson HDAM on the Marantz amplifier. The improvement was very good, but the machine can not surpass my single ended 300B valve amp.

I want to focus on the Marantz CD52. I want to turn it into a good transport.
Old 26th June 2006, 04:18 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

For the Marantz CD I would suggest you post on the Digital Forum

Hide this!Advertise here!