Braun A1 amp questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Does anyone of you know the Braun A1 amplifier ? I bought this one because it wasn't expensive and clearly a restoration case.
It attracted me at first sight because of the unconventional looks of the case. I learnt that it is from around 1980. Built quality is fine and the power transistors are 2SA1169/ 2SC2773 ( Ft = 20 MHz ! quite impressive for a time that 2N3055 was king ). I am sure it wasn't built in Germany, it's all Japanese inside. Maybe the design is German ?

Since the supply caps are visually not in best shape I only tested it a short time to see if it functions. It does fortunately. The plastic covers on the upper side of the caps have come up which generally is not a good sign. All DC voltages are OK and offset at the output is only a few mV. Plan is to change all the caps.

I wonder if someone can tell me more about this amp specifically about the sound quality. It is wired for 220 V but voltages in the Netherlands have gone up to 230 V and sometimes a little higher. There is a possibility of wiring it to 240 V which I would like to do.
There are even new labels attached in the case for indicating the wired voltage on the outside ! Maybe one of you even has a schematic for me. Wishful thinking :clown:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.