Soundstream Van Gogh 1600.2 broken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey, first post, not sure if this the right place to post these questions, sorry if its not the right forum.

I have torched two fets on the power rail, and i'm wondering if I can fix this myself. Heard that soundstream sharges 125 just to look at it. Can I get the parts online, and since I've never fixed an amp before, is it easy? also, wondering what it would take to upgrade the components in it to get it 1 ohm stable, or boost the power. I am going to be running it with an Treo CSX 18, and want more than 2k for power. any help would be greatly appreciated., also a resistor or two are probably bad as well, but I have resistors at work, I am a car audio installer, just never jumped into the internals of an amp. I love this amp, and really don't want to fork out the cash for a new one. I did find a plave online that repairs them for a flat 119 plus shipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.