Heatkit AA-22U information

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.

I have got an Heatkit AA-22U that my grandfather build for many years ago. And I dont know anything about it, it seems to have been a nice amplifier, and it needs some service.

I got an tuner too, an Heatkit TFM-1 thats works great.

What i heard from my father, my grandfather order those from USA at the 50's or 60's like a kit, so it would be fun to get it work again.

So my question is, is there anybody who knows anything about this amplifier? Have an manual or perhaps an service manual or schematics for this model? I have searched the net and have not found anything useful about it.

I would be thankful if anybody got any info about it.

Regards / Wising

I built an AA-22 back in 1967 whe I was a Sophmore in High School. It was the first Heathkit that I built..... Later known around the house as the Greifkit.... it didn't work upon power up.... touchy germanium semiconductors. After a minth and a half the local Heathkit store was finally able to straighten it out and they didn 't charge me for any repairs... apparently it WAS wired correctly. I also had the wood case for it but it ran quite hot in the case. Its fun looking back at those days long ago!

BTW: I built a total of 34 Heathkits over the years including one color tv and many pieces of test gear. They were alot of fun and amazingly all of them did work properly upon power up. They assisted me in developing the wiring skills that I posess today....

Mark

Thanks for the info Mark.

This one is with the woodcase too, but its something wrong with it, its a pretty strong hum noise in the right channel, so I will probably do some service to it.

So, the amplifier is from the 60's. Do you have any specifications on that unit? Do you know any place on the web where i can find more info about it? Maybee get an schematic for it?

/Wising

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.