Help Problem With IRF610

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I build maching mosfet from this .
http://www.diamondstar.de/transistor_matching_mosfet.html

Using 2.2K Ohm 1/4W and 15v PSU Using LM317

First Time I check 10 pcs IRF610 , Measure Vgs I get around ~3.5v up to ~4.0v

Test it several times Now I got Vgs Around ~0.5v :bawling:
I try put in board all working but, I got dc offset ~3v up to ~9v

Put another IRF610 vgs ~3.5 up to ~3.7 I got dc offset -10mV and 70mv (only check one times)

Is IRF610 with Vgs ~0.5v has broken ?

Hi Parsecaudio,
your warning is very valid for low capacitance FETs, do you think that it applies to high capacitance power FETs?

I have handled and/or replaced many power FETs without problems nor earthing/static discharge leads/wrist bands: 2sk225/j81, 2sk1058/j162 and 2sk1529j200.

Before I touch my 2sk389/j109 I will need to invest in some earthing procedures. Just how far do I need to go? I use a formica table top for my assembly. Should this be replaced or covered with a conductive film?

An easy, cheap precaution is to slip a paperclip across all three legs, assuming a flat package, and leave it there until you are ready to solder the device into the circuit board. I store my power transistors in anti-static plastic bags with paperclips on their legs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.