Running a Balanced System, With Twisted X-BoSoZ - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th May 2006, 06:05 AM   #1
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Default Running a Balanced System, With Twisted X-BoSoZ

id have to say i have been running my Twisted X-BoSoZ and 2 pairs of Aleph Mini A's in balanced mode. I'm really happy how this sounds and how clean and crisp it is. Money well spent, it is in a temporary case at the moment to burn it in more and run it.

Right now i have it running with 4 aleph mini's in balanced mode and the input to the pre-amp in se mode. I have no balanced devices. I wish i had the tools to measure the spl i get from these little amps. I can post pictures later for people to have a look at it. I should have a nice case soon and a external case for the psu..

There are a few little MINOR problems i have.. A bit of hiss when the cd is muted. I can hear it it's annoying but it's not as bad as that ground loop i had. One tip for members is to make sure your ac line in is mounted correctly. I don't suggest mounting it to the case if you have a aluminum case its not a good idea and does not work well.

My plan here to finnish this off is to make my case that will house the pre-amp it self and the volume pot and MAYBE a source selector, if i don't use a source selector it will be a switch. I still have to build a switch mechanism for the balanced to rca part when running the pre-amp for non balanced input devices and output devices. Simple enough just a simple toggle switch will do the trick.

The psu will be in it's own case about 4 feet maybe more away from it. Im designing a case that looks like a nice little cube with a power switch on it and a power led to tell me it is on. I hope to have this all done before the big audio fest at Planet10's house in August.

jase
Old 29th May 2006, 06:16 AM   #2
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
Default A picture.

Here is a picture pointing down.

Click the image to open in full size.

Hide this!Advertise here!