Running a Balanced System, With Twisted X-BoSoZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
id have to say i have been running my Twisted X-BoSoZ and 2 pairs of Aleph Mini A's in balanced mode. I'm really happy how this sounds and how clean and crisp it is. Money well spent, it is in a temporary case at the moment to burn it in more and run it.

Right now i have it running with 4 aleph mini's in balanced mode and the input to the pre-amp in se mode. I have no balanced devices. I wish i had the tools to measure the spl i get from these little amps. I can post pictures later for people to have a look at it. I should have a nice case soon and a external case for the psu..

There are a few little MINOR problems i have.. A bit of hiss when the cd is muted. I can hear it it's annoying but it's not as bad as that ground loop i had. One tip for members is to make sure your ac line in is mounted correctly. I don't suggest mounting it to the case if you have a aluminum case its not a good idea and does not work well.

My plan here to finnish this off is to make my case that will house the pre-amp it self and the volume pot and MAYBE a source selector, if i don't use a source selector it will be a switch. I still have to build a switch mechanism for the balanced to rca part when running the pre-amp for non balanced input devices and output devices. Simple enough just a simple toggle switch will do the trick.

The psu will be in it's own case about 4 feet maybe more away from it. Im designing a case that looks like a nice little cube with a power switch on it and a power led to tell me it is on. I hope to have this all done before the big audio fest at Planet10's house in August.

jase

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.