2sk405 to 3sk1529 to 2sk1530

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI , need replacement for those parts:

2SK405 and 2SJ115

I could substitute with 2SK1529 and 2SJ200 but could not find any of theses at my parts supplier,(back order) he only stock 2SK1530 and 2SJ201 which are rated at 200 volts instead of 160 for the 2SK405 and 180 for the 2SJ200 .All other spec are identicals. Thanks for your time

HI, thanks for the reply, those are parts from a Parasound HCA1200. I bought a pair (fet)but they are both blown, don't know if I did something wrong. Never worked with this kind of transistor in the past exept small to-92 ones.When I turn on the amp for the first time after repair, I like to use some sockets with 40 watts bulbs for each boards i.e. four bulbs so this way I know if there's a problem and where it is.Is there any recomendation you can teach me about those fet transistors. I know that small fet are very sensitive to static or if you have a cheap soldering iron.I remember about those fet that if they do have full load, they don't like it. Thanks for any advice. Sorry, about that pair, what could be the price.My parts supplier sold me mine for $3.50 each, Thanks

Hi,
the K1530/J201 are pretty robust.

With all that capacitance on the gate lead they are very resistant to static as well.

Sounds more like the rest of the circuit has an undiagnosed fault that may have taken out the original FETs, rather than the FETs being faulty.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.