Curious about fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now John,

Is that heresay or hearsay? I take it the manufacturer you met at CES wasn't wearing big floppy shoes or a rubber nose?

Bevo,

I assume you're talking about an AC inlet fuse. In that case, those fuses would be just as useful as a $1500 power cord.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi John,
I wonder about this myself. I am inclined to disbelieve this notion. The element still has to heat up thermally and melt open.

Better contact in the cap area may help, don't know. My concern is the actual element in the fuse. How different is that?

-Chris

Now that you decreased the resistance of the element, you also changed the rating of the fuse (less resistance, more power it will handle before it melts). To compensate, you need to make the element thinner to increase its resistance, bringing the resistance to what it originally was. How do you explain that one Enzo?

I asked a simple enough question. No answer...

In your light, I might prefer to be a fool...

Fuses on amplifier outputs don't work... too many REAL reasons.

Sonic value of fuses on AC inputs... Please refer to Steve (the patent god) Nugent's pile of B.S.

Someone has to call this **** to the carpet.

I suppose you can hear heat sink material as well?

Enough already.... Jeeze!

poobah said:
Now John,

Is that heresay or hearsay? I take it the manufacturer you met at CES wasn't wearing big floppy shoes or a rubber nose?

Bevo,

I assume you're talking about an AC inlet fuse. In that case, those fuses would be just as useful as a $1500 power cord.

Hey hey.. he might need that 1500$ power cord to tell him he just wasted 1500$ :)

( $1500 is cheap ive seen a few last week about 10k EKKS. )

poobah said:
Or a $4 cable?

That's kinda pushing it. Here is the connector i recommend & use.

a 4$ cable is kinda cheap. BUT id say from 150$ - 300$ is pretty good

Attachments

• pict0649.jpg.jpg
    pict0649.jpg.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 281
Nope...

Unless you're going to rewire the utility all the way back to the generator (which is virtually impossible... because thousands of generators are running in synch), you're peeing in the ocean and hoping the tide will rise.

Do the math... math started all this... why should it be discarded now?

poobah said:
Nope...

Unless you're going to rewire the utility all the way back to the generator (which is virtually impossible... because thousands of generators are running in synch), you're peeing in the ocean and hoping the tide will rise.

Do the math... math started all this... why should it be discarded now?

There are things he can do to help.. You're kinda pushing it with this last post tho.

No, I'm not,

This is a very important point for all to realize. Look into the problem with some data in hand. Harris, at one point, had some illuminating stuff on AC line quality. What some people choose to do on the last 2 meters of a cable that is a hundred thousand meters of grid line (not to mention the tap-switching transformers) is just silly... also their own business.

Just don't teach as Gospel or science, that which you really don't know, to a newbie.

Why is this so hard?

Bevo, I am sorry, but you are not going to get a knowledgeable answer on this thread.
I don't think that this should be first on your list of upgrades, but the fuses are real, have gotten good subjective feedback, and 'may' make a difference. The 'experts' here have not met the manufacturer as I have, or tried even to compare line cords to see if there is a difference. I suggest that you ask elsewhere.

john curl said:
No, he was a German engineer and his fuses were made of silver, as the fuse itself. We went to the strip club later in LV, and fed $ to the young ladies. Poobah, you are making a fool out of yourself, fair warning.

What john is trying to say is that, given the hard times that we are living in economical terms, if you want to have enough money to go to strip clubs and fed dollars to the dancers (and later go to worse places to pay for doing worse things), you have to be open minded...

For example, you can manufacture $30 audiophile fuses and persuade a bunch of audiofools to expend their money in fuses rather than girls...

BTW: I hate those male attitudes...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.