Curious about fuses

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Quasi's Super Fuse

For initial public release. A fully adjustable and completely linear fuse that is guaranteed to stop over-current in it's tracks (or ex-tracks). Warranties implied do not extend to equipment being protected, dwellings or neighbourhoods.

Attachments

• super fuse.gif
    super fuse.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 290
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Poobah,
Absolutely!
Michael Elliot at Altavista is using the fuses in his Counterpoint amp upgrades. He does not sell the fuses.
His company is now financially healthy as the warranty program costs have been cut to nil, poor reviews have also mysteriously stopped.

I should mention he is already using the plus types that jacco wanted pinkmouse to review. The only problem Quasi is having is that the C4 has to be made in the States or he can't get them through US Customs. This increases the price because there is so much shipping involved.

-Chris ;)

poobah said:
Quasi,

I love it! So these fuses are guaranteed for the life of the amplifier?

Indeed guaranteed for the life of the amplifier/user/household etc.

It occured to me that the chosen transistors may not be the best in terms of noise. Use low noise rated transistors if you're concerned about any noise being injected into the supply rails when/if they turn on.

FWIW, when I spoke to Steve McCormack yesterday, he recommended I give the audiophile grade fuses a try. But then he also added I'd probably have to replace all the internal fuses in the DNA-500 to make it worthwhile. When I had the cover off yesterday I counted probably 15 fuses--cha-ching!! I asked if just upgrading the main fuse would make a difference and he wasn't sure, but thought it might be worth a try.

Just thought I'd throw in another designer's opinion on the audiophile grade fuses. Steve wasn't trying to sell me the fuses himself, but apparently has listened to them. And although I've never met Steve in person, at least over the phone, he seems like a regular guy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.