Yamaha Amps & Simple Killer Amp...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yamaha Amps & Simple Killer Amp...

I've seen here and on other boards people recomending the Yamaha M series and MX series amps. Does anyone know what the difference between them might be? I've read about the mods here to the M-80's which sparked my interest in the Yamahas.

As a side note, I'm thinking about taking on a construction project. I've followed the Simple Killer Amp threads and seems like that would be something I'd be interested in building. Might anyone that has built one have any comparisons to commercially available products?

Thanks,
Brian

I took apart an old Yamaha receiver to recover parts from it - which I regret, it should have been repaired. But I noticed failed electrolytic caps on the main board, not power supply caps either. No other sign of fault but it would not have been possible to see the failed caps from a visual inspection without first removing them from the board. Hope this helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.