John Curl Mc Kinnie phono pre-preamplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I own a Michell Gyro turntable/Helius Orion/DL-103R connected to an ARC SP8 preamp through a John Curl Ro-3 Mc Kinnie pre-preamplifier.

Although my cartridge is providing a low output (0.29mv) I really need to reduce the total gain.

My John Curl pre-preamplifier is a second hand unit and I don't have the owner manual to modify the Gain with the internal 2-WAY DIP-switch provided.

I really would appreciate it very much if I could receive some advise on that.

Regards.

Antoni

Very late response - but I have a manual for one of the RO III pre-pre's. Supposedly there were a few variations of the circuit, I ended up sending montana-audio.ch some internal pictures and they sent me the right manual in electronic format. PM me if this is still a requirement s for you.

I found this post trying to find the connection between John Curl and this pre-pre - do you have any background?

Thanks, Richard

Why not email the Ro3-JC manual to ACD ?

Jan (ACD) can place it on the schematic section of his homepage, accessable to everyone who's interested.

Attachments

• ro-iii phono.jpg
    ro-iii phono.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,320
I think you are at a 'dead end' with this design. It appears to be a modified Vendetta SCP-1, made by my former technician, Reza Oskoui, who made this run, with my permission, 25 years ago. The gain change is easy in concept in that it is only the load resistor that sets the gain, so an additional load resistor or a change in the load resistor should lower the gain acceptably. The internal parts are essentially unavailable at this time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.