Improving P3A damping factor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"Our amplifiers are designed to have high damping factor. That's why you can count on our amps
to deliver clean, tight kick drum and bass."

I want to make P3A for bass application. how to improve it's damping factor? I want to do this because of above statement by highly reputed manufacturer of proaudio amplifier. There is no specification available on ESP site.

Hi,

I'll second PM on this, increasing the notional damping factor
specification will have no effect on real world performance.

As the P3A has no output inductor, its damping factor will be very high,
effectively an insignificant resistance in terms of source impedance.

Reducing what is already insignificant is pointless.

Just use some decent wire to connect up the speaker.

:)/sreten.

palesha said:
"Our amplifiers are designed to have high damping factor. That's why you can count on our amps
to deliver clean, tight kick drum and bass."

This statement is very popular and very confusing. Very good example of "marketing science".

It is not only the DF that makes a difference. And, there is always speaker cable resistance, degrading DF numbers perfectly.

Last but not least. For some drivers with very low Qts in a real box, the series resistor can improve bass reponse, optimizing Qts through Qe. Now you have paradox - lower DF brings better bass response.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.