Workable Lizi final

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HI
I didn't finnish yet the Zenquito , these amp does look great , congratulation.
Did you compared with the Zenquito, how it sound .
Do these work with 2SK1058 & 2SJ162 power mosfets .
I have all the parts for the zenquito , I just purchased the transformers , I just need to mount together the heatsink for class A mode instal the boards and ready to fire up.
I will let you know how it work when it finnished .
I read good and bad thinks about the Zenquito so I'm not in a rush with it:bigeyes: .
I would like to hear more details about your design when it burnt in.
Thanks for the info .
Regards

The first impression of Lizi was she got a lot of punches in the lower region,that really surprised me,maybe due to the 200VA transformer,and she does not have the usual harsh sound that associated with a normal BJT amplifier.

I never build the Zenquito,so cant do any comparission in term of sound.:(

Thanks guys for interested in Lizi.I would like to point out a few good points of her:

-easy adjustment of quiescent currents of the input&driver stages,which related to the output DC offset value.
-output stage bias is indepent on the bias of the previous stages(much better than the "Zenquito",sorry Jean :xeye: )
-wide working voltage range,just need a few recalculations.
-wide selection of components,especially the BJTs and the MOSFETs(but not the JFETS,as there are not much complementary audio JFETs available.:( )

The whole building process was quite smooth(really surprise me:bigeyes: ).Adjust the both BJT quiescent currents equal to each other(around 10 mA) and adjust the output stage(around 100mA) and she started to sing.:D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Russ White said:
Can anyone tell me where to source the FETS/JFETS used on this circuit in the US?

Thanks.
Russ

http://www.hobid.com

for instance.......
Russ-if you are looking for something simple,you can also look at Babelfish J thread and find Oly's mini symmetric amp;
I don't say that is better or worse than Lizi,but-it's different ......or similar,if you like ;)

Hi Geirin.I never actually measure the output power of Lizi,but base on common calculation you will get more than 30 watts at 8 ohms.

Hi Ipanema:
-Yes,you can use only 1 VR instead of 2,but you need matched JFETs(a nightmare when you are looking for them:bawling: )and you will not have the flexibility to adjust the driver stage quiescent current to suite your taste(but you still able to balance both rail).
-I use MOSFETs because:I heard a lot of people talking about MOSFET sound and I am interested to find out,and I need only a VR to adjust bias(lateral only,not HEXFET):D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.