Simple Audio Mux

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I need to make a basic audio mux, which will drive an 8-ohm .1 or .25W speaker from two different sources. Both sources will not drive at the same time. This is for a novelty device, so it has to be cheap. Sources might be either differential or single ended. Anyone know a simple circuit to do this?

I appreciate any help!

Only 1 source will drive the speaker at a time, so it would be a multiplexer rather than a mixer. I'd rather use discrete transistors than monolithic dual input amp for the sake of cost. I do have a digital control signal, which I can use to select which source would drive the speaker.

I'm not sure what searching on virtual earth means. www.virtualearth.com is a link to some sort of microsoft website. A search on yahoo for virtual earth doesn't yield any technology web sites (at least not in the first couple pages). I search for it here on diyAudio.com and came up blank too.

Thanks for the replies and help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.