kenwood C2 + M2A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes Dan Mattis. I replied to your emails but they bounced back undelivered.

I have done the ta2031 bypass however, found that the heatsink was woefully inadequate. Bypassing the 2031 makes the amp a regular class-B from the class-G that it is. With the OP's getting the full 91v rail blast.... they heat up quick and the heatsink goes over 80c pretty quick and the OP's go kaput. I tried a1943/c5200's.

I ran them from the drivers A1006?? I forget... via 20R base resistors. Before they overheated, the sound was just awesome... though I was driving a 2 ohm load :hot:

One workable solution is to replace DAT's with the 2sa1943/2sc5200 or equivalent devices (+200vce) to save the cost of blown DAT's however the ta-2031 must remain for the topology to remain viable.

kenwood m2(a).....

Hi,

and thank you very much parsecaudio, the searchkey was 'm2a'.
Fine documents ;-) thanks again. certain very usefull for m2(a) fans....

Hi,

k-amps also many thanks to you. maybe problems with the emailprovider to much spam or somethingelse; its only technic it works or doesn't......
Thanks also for you tips. You have saved the life of some DATs, because you have tested this methode, so i don't need to test it.

Has the replacement of the DATs with the 2sa1943/2sc5200 large effects to the sound? Have you done it?

And another thing, for the m2 i will need some new speaker.
I prefer a grundig audiorama ball system its sond is brilliant, but its power to less for the m2 by far.
Have you some ideas of useable speaker? But please not to expensive, i only have some m2 and not an accuphase, burmester or McIntosh. only a small budget....

another thanks for your helpful infos ;-)

Any speaker with the M2(a) is fine though it prefers 8 ohm speakers.

I have tried 1302/1943 etc and they work fine. I even tried them paralell with the DAT and they worked fine.

However I'd suggest to use them for hi-volt or low volt OP stage, not mix and match toshiba with DAT.

The die on the DAT's looks like dual 130 watt BJT's... so you could substitute an ON type 250 watter or 200 watter instead of one DAT.

I have been able to fit 2 tos per dat on the heatsink and it works too... but my was to drive 4 ohms speakers. If you want to save on cost/ expense, use 1 1302 class BJT per DAT.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.