TL431 pos & neg regulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't see much problem as it shouldn't make much difference wether you regulate the 'voltage' or the 'ground'. Both are electrically just potentials.

However, I have that series connection also seen in a Linear Technology datasheet, so it's not exotic.

Have fun, Hannes

PS: don't worry about the LT1083. It should work with your TL431 too.

lineup, thanks for your schematic, i am reading and try to understanding now.

H.A, thanks for reply, i still not understand the two postive dc added together to form a dual supply, i will think on it. :)

PMA,i think it's different, in u schematic tl431 act as a Zener(better temperature performance than normal zener)

This JLH circuit and most ClassA single ended topologies are not constant current.
All push pull ClassA topologies are not constant current.
Chris Jennings said:
Not True. Consider a Tube push pull class A circuit.
oops there's an almost missing from that last line.

I and some others are aware of the few exceptions that are truly constant current (within the limits of amp linearity).
Many wrongly attribute the general characteristic that ClassA are constant current. They don't realise that the rails supply a modulated current that varies with the output current and can approach the range of near zero to double the bias current until the amp enters ClassAB if that's possible.

See attached. So should I add one at Q3 as well, or why not?
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_00000410_edit.jpg
    IMG_00000410_edit.jpg
    863.5 KB · Views: 735
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.