Krell KSA 100mkII Clone - Page 51 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2006, 09:30 PM   #501
Zen Mod is offline Zen Mod  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark A. Gulbrandsen
Side view...

is where?

edit after your's edit :
I know........long exposition

nice !
Old 21st October 2006, 09:37 PM   #502
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PWatts

Firing up the board without the output stage can be dangerous - follow the guidelines as in the Leach assembly guide to complete the feedback loop and disable the bias circuitry, or the amp will probably oscillate.
if basic for this clone is as in attached pdf file,then I don't understand this sentence............you can even make decent hphone amp without outputs......fdbck net is completed even without outputs.......
or I missed something,as usual....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mainbd.pdf (51.9 KB, 347 views)
Old 21st October 2006, 09:39 PM   #503
diyAudio Member

Side wiew is there you musta missed it...... .

I agree, I fired up many KSA-50 boards with no output stage... First I run it up on about +/- 24 volts to see iff all is well before applying full juice. I monitor with a scope....

Mark
Old 21st October 2006, 09:42 PM   #504
diyAudio Member

One final problem which is a very easy fix... is to get rid of the component side pads and plated through holes below heatsink... The heatsink will create a dead short between both rails . I will remove the sink, and heat the component side pads to get rid of them and drill though the holes toget rid of the plated through stuff.

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ksa-100 board 005.jpg (40.6 KB, 876 views)
Old 21st October 2006, 09:46 PM   #505
diyAudio Member

quote to Mark........

slightly off topic (mebbe even not,if we know what you use to drive this Krell thingies ) -have you any novelty regarding theme of other thread-one in toob forum?
completely off topic-I'm just curious -have you any opportunity to scavenge some obscure stuff during your cinema related tours?
Old 21st October 2006, 09:49 PM   #506
diyAudio Member

Quote:
One final problem which is a very easy fix... is to get rid of the component side pads and plated through holes below heatsink... The heatsink will create a dead short between both rails . I will remove the sink, and heat the component side pads to get rid of them and drill though the holes toget rid of the plated through stuff.

Mark

place sheet of teflon or even naked pcb between hsink and this pcb .....whatever you find handy as temp durable isolator sheet

just a thought

edit after your edit-where you attach pic

use 10mm -what is E word for drill bit- bohrer in German.....whatever
use 10 mm drill and just drill untill youremove rings........try to avoid heat if you can......
Old 21st October 2006, 09:56 PM   #507
diyAudio Member

Zen mod... I have some old tube theater stuff in the garage but
I only have several spare hours per year and I prefer to use those to hang out here... At the Union Pacific Steam Shops in Cheyenne, WY.... Once you mess around with the really big boys toys there's no going back! Being around these big locos makes me wish I still had my Nagra Stereo and Altec tube mics.... .

Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg up6d41~1 copy.jpg (74.8 KB, 890 views)
Old 21st October 2006, 10:00 PM   #508
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
... I prefer to use those to hang out here... At the Union Pacific Steam Shops in Cheyenne, WY....
Me want!
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 21st October 2006, 10:01 PM   #509
diyAudio Member

Al, If you come and visit I will take you there..... I go there twice a year and will do volunteer work for a weekend every time I go starting on the next trip....
Old 21st October 2006, 10:05 PM   #510
diyAudio Moderator

I would love it. At the bottom of this page is the only one I ever worked on, and that was just grinding rust off.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?

Hide this!Advertise here!