replacing NAD 1300 volume/Balance pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used a standard ALPS potentiometer. Since it does not fit the usual way, I simply glued it with epoxy to the inner side of the cabinet together with a piece of hardwood. I was only glad to get rid of the balance potentiometer, I have never used them.

The picture suggests some other changes, as you can see. The only active circuit in use in the amp is the opa627. This simplification has allowed me to throw out, or shorten, most caps and switches in the signal path. (I have lowered the supply voltage to the opa somewhat).

Everything has worked to my complete satisfaction for a couple of years

Attachments

• nadmods.jpg
    nadmods.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 704
sorry gy21 for answering your question about the potm size this late ( You already figured out that the size is not critical, of course), but I believe I used 50k.

I am happy (and somewhat surprised) that you could make use of the photo for the other mods!

Cheers, O.S.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.