Looking for a DC Protection schematic...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
msamkl said:
Hi Fab,

What do you think about this circuit? Would this degrade the sonics of my amplifier?

Thanasis.

Hi

I have not read the complete datasheet but looking at the application circuit, this IC protection circuit still use relay contacts in series with output of amp. This circuit is a different approach than what I have suggested. But some peoples say that damping factor is not very important....

I've used the one Slone has in a couple of his books. Seems to be effective, simple to build and no effect on sound that I can detect.

Self has one in "Self on Audio" that is used in a preamp but looks adaptable to a power amp. It is claimed to be very fast when needed. Neither of these is radically different from other relat schemes. Along with Ampslab and ESP the basic idea is about the same.

One proviso related to all of them -- if you want a quick disconnect when powering down take your power source directly from the secodaries NOT after the main PS. I'n sure this is obvious to everyone except me, once upon a time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.