crystal radio transistor amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've messed with tubes more than transistors. Was interested in seeing a good way to use modern silicon devices to amplify my crystal detector. Using an extremely crude setup of 2n3906 direct coupled to a 2N3055 driving a transistor radio 1/2W 8ohm speaker in a stuffed cardboard pipe. Sound is loud enough for tinkering but i'd like to clean it up. Suggestions for values of resistors/capacitors or a schematic to stabilize the bias, with perhaps a little feedback. Supply will be limited to 3 to 4 AA Batts.
Any ideas or websites? thanks

Naah that's too easy. I want to experiment with discreet devices, I have an LM386 and a 741 op amp somewhere. I would like to stay in the vein of the kind of stuff that was popular back in the '60's and learn some of the transistor theory through application. I found some books in the thrift store, I think I can figure something out. I also found good info at
http://techlib.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.