Which Krell has the greatest sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is a very subjective question. I can tell you this, I never liked Wilson Watts or Krell amps. I used to live close to a hifi shop in high school. I would go in there all the time with cds and listen to music. So one day they have the Watts hooked up with all the high end Krell stuff at the time, something like 100k plus worth of stuff. Anyway the sound of that setup was special. I can't remember what amp it was, kav300 I think. I had heard it a bunch with other stuff and never liked it much but with that stuff it really sounded good.

Well the KSA-250 is a good starting point for an amp. this is easily the most talk about amp in history, research just about any back issue and even some current issues of Sterephile, Audio, Hi Fi, etc and there is always a mention of this amp. It is the amp all others are judged by apparantly. And while it is not the perfect amp. it seems to represent everything an amp should be.

Maybe the Krell Audio Standard is the only thing better?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.