ML No27 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

New to the group and I'm looking for any insight to a very strange problem. I drive a pair of B&W 801M's with a Mark Levinson No27.
Latley the bass would drop out and only the mids and highs would play. I went through all my connections to the speakers checked the xover boards in the speakers and found nothing. Checked the line input cables to the amp - perfect. But if I pick up the front of the amp and tilt it the woofers come back on. This is very repeatable. I think there is a relay on the output to stop turn on transients. Could it be the relay? Or maybe a board is bending when the amp is picked up closing a short. Any ideas?

Thanks

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi dbev,
Welcome to DiyAudio!

Your fault may be relay contacts, or an intermittent solder joint. Shorts generally cause smoke, flames and other depressing things to happen.

If it isn't the relay, or if you are uncomfortable with this (electronics service), take in in to a good technician - not a cheap technician! They may be other things that could use attention.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.