What is biwiring?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Johan,
I'll draw some fire for you then.

I have yet to hear a difference in speaker wire after trying many. Just as long as the effective guage is up to the power level.

I have heard problems in the connections many times.

Hmmmm...

-Chris

Agree,
Once I went from twisted zip cable to soldered lamp cord and noticed an improvement. Thinking there may be a cable issue, I changed to a massive cable (largest I could get my hands on at the time, same length as the lamp cord, and noticed no improvement.

At the risk of being like the proverbial camera film: Overexposed and under-developed:

Connections, especially for the speaker line, can be an unsuspected twister. Long ago I once serviced our broadcasting corporation's monitor amplifiers (Leak TL12s!). I could not find the source of a slight distortion, until a wise old technician told me to undo the output terminals, scrape them and screw them back on. Gone was the distortion!

That guy has long since passed on, but the lesson remained to this day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.