Separating Transformer and Caps from Int Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I've been wanting to upgrade the parts of my Onix OA21 integrated amp for a where, but face with serious space constrain with the small box.

One option is to move the trabsformer and power supplu caps to a separate box and link to the amp board with ~0.5m cables.

Few things I wanted to do are:
1. Better power caps.
2. Better volume pot - looking at the Alps Black but no space.
3. Adding better voltage regulator.

Any detrimental effect if I do this?

I thought of the soap concept which adds additional transformer and bigger caps in a separate box, but somehow I found the soap kills the music.

Thanks

Leolabs said:
What's the rating of the transformer and caps???

I think transformer is at 350VA 25V; Caps are now 4,700uF 63v.

My main restrcition is space within the box. By mounting the transformer and caps in a separate box I intent to put in 6,300uF BC114 and bypass with good 10uF film caps.

Also with the transformer and caps out of the existing box I have room to upgrade the current ALPS blue to black, also possibility in putting in better voltage regulators.

My main concern is really if there is any side effects in mounting the transformer and power caps in a location further away (about 0.5m).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.