Library does not show up in Eagle .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was trying to get familiar with Eagle and made some new packages in a new .lib file.
I can see the file in the library when I use "open library" and can open the model file and see it.
However when I go to "New Board" and then do "add" and the library file list opens up , I cannot see the .lib file I made .
What happened to it.
I go back to "Open Library" and I can see the file and also open it.
What could be wrong here ? Anyone ?
Thanks.

Hi Bruno,

Thanks , your suggestion worked . Strange , I didn't seem to find anyone mention this on the web ( tutorial etc. ).
Another thing I want to mention. A couple of other files I made were available right away though I don't remember doing anything different . Maybe selecting "edit" or "package" made a difference while making a new package.
I struggled with the software for a couple of days but now it seems to be quite good. Except for board size limitations it looks attractive. Making a package is very accurate and very fast.

Now I must try AutotraxEDA whichI bought long ago !

Thanks for your comment Jaycee. That extension and location came automatically when I made the 'part'.

Cheers.

I don't have Eagle installed on this computer, so I can't give you specifics, but there is a text file attached to the project that lists the libraries that are available for use with that project. By default, all libraries are in the file, and you can delete the ones you don't use so you don't have to scroll past them all the time. You must add the name of your library to the file in order to have access to it. I can't remember if there is a way in the UI to do it, or if you have to find the text file and edit it. Good luck!

Hi Guys,
I was too hasty in saying everything is OK.
I made a new package using "new">"library">"package"
However I could not find how to enter ">NAME" and ">VALUE" on to the package. First of all only the ">NAME" selection is visible and after its small window opens up I enter some text in it and say "OK" and it closes and nothing happens !

Do I need to go to "new symbol" first to be able to include the ">NAME" and ">VALUE" tags ?

Does this mean that making a "package" alone is not correct ?
I don't use the schematic section of the software.

Thanks.
Ashok.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.