Amplifier Problem !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
i have a DJ Amplifier... 800W x2 i connect to the amp a 2 speakers of 900W ~ 4 Ohm and after 10 minutes...
the heatsink hot !!! but very very hot !! and in the amp have 4 fans... i scare that the amp will burn or dont work.... i need that the amp will work minimum 3 hours !!!....
what can i do??
and what the max temperature (celsius - C ) that amp can be on fire??

what can i do that amp will dont hot~burn ?!?

Dj BASS AMP,

Most PA amps shut down at around 80 - 90 degrees C heatsink temperature. Bear in mind that this is an absolute maximum, a safe continuous operating temperature would be cooler than this. If your amp is overheating, it is likely there is a fault with the amp or the load connected to it.

Check your speaker load (and cables) with an ohmmeter. A 4 ohm speaker should have a DC resistance of around 3 ohms. Check that the fans in the amp are operating properly, and that the heatsink is free of dust.

If you cannot find a fault, then it may simply be that the manufacturer has given incorrect specifications for the amp - you could invest in a good quality (second hand?) PA amp.

Hope this helps,
Tim.

what kinda amp is it.? i would check for shorts in the wire and speakers. you might have a blown crossover i have seen that happen where the xover creats a shor but only the amp see's it and the amp gets hot. also i would look inside tha amps and see if there is any thing shorting out. i would try desconecting the speakers and leave the tunes going through the amp and see if it still gets hot if not then try a small pair of speakers just some thing for a test let it run for about 10 min see if they get hot if not then just try one of your dj speakers then the other. my old inkel amp got hot too but that was because it was pushin 9 hours with no fan and 2 x 18" 2ohm speakers but it had thermal break down HEHE so i fixed it and made the amp stay on all the time. : O )

Jason

Lets see, a 150 watt amp clipping its brains out into
2 x 4 ohm speakers in parallel. i.e. 2 ohms.

Keep fire extinguisher handy...

Reading all of this persons other posts it is obvious that
he is still searching for a free lunch.

Get a carvin or mackee or other real sound reinforcement
amp. Better yet, get a digital amp and it will run cool.
:xeye: :D :xeye:

Or build my uber amp which is a measley 800 watts rms
per channel into 8 ohms. Slight little detail, weighs 350 lbs
plus the water chiller.

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/heatsink.jpg

cooled by this

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/chiller.jpg

and filled with this

http://gilmore.chem.northwestern.edu/heavywater.jpg

:D :D :D :D

"if my amp at around 45 - 65 degrees C heatsink temperature...
it is ok?..."

This should be fine - as long as this temperature is stable, i.e. not slowly climbing.

"if the amp will shut down it is dont good !"

Yup. As you have seen I am not the only one recommending a good quality PA amp as opposed to a "DJ" amplifier :D

See ya,
Tim.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.