Help required in Eagle 4.16 Light Design Tool

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have designed an amp using Eagle 4.16 Light version. This CAD tool I am using as freeware. When I switch to board layout, In dimension layer I get the board size 99x80 mm.

The image is attached here.

I can extend the dimensions of the given board. But the software forbids to place components beyond the original area assigned by it. All components in the schematic can't be accomodated in this limited size.

Can anyone help me ?:bawling:

The only way you will get by the size limits is to spend some money and upgrade I'm afraid. However, I have, when it was feasible, split a circuit so that it would go onto two boards.

The splitting job is already done. I first Prepared the board sized 90x90mm with containing 28 transisters, 26 resistors, 16 caps.

I am facing the problem with second board where 22 Transistors are there. :eek:

The image is here

Prasanna said:
I have designed an amp using Eagle 4.16 Light version. ...the software forbids to place components beyond the original area assigned by it. All components in the schematic can't be accomodated in this limited size.

Can anyone help me ?:bawling:

I think it's a limited package, you have to spend the extra money for the bigger version if you want to use a larger area. By the way, no image showed up here. What format are you trying to post the image in?

According to CadSoft:
Freeware
The EAGLE Light Edition can be used for free!
Limitations
The following limitations apply to the EAGLE Light Edition in general:
* The useable board area is limited to 100 x 80 mm (4 x 3.2 inches).
* Only two signal layers can be used (Top and Bottom).
* The schematic editor can only create one sheet.

Apart from these three limitiations the EAGLE Light Edition can do anything the Professional Edition can do. You can even load, view and print drawings that exceed these limits!

EAGLE Standard (Limitations: 4 signal layers, 160x100mm routing area) 1-User US$ 199.
EAGLE Professional (Full featured version) 1-User US$ 399.

Hmmmmmm.....
Had this same kind of problem with these folks along with most all other "free" versions out there.

Except for the steep learning curve, Kicad is the only open source (free) software that actually works as advertised. But they do not promise so much. It is rather basic and functions much like any other vector drawing program. The standard print out from the menu is not accurate except in postscript and some component foot prints are not correct or just plain clumsy.
That said, board size, number of components, signal layers, schematics, auto route and so on is not limited and you can create your own footprints as you like.
Latest version published 07 mar 2006

http://www.lis.inpg.fr/realise_au_lis/kicad/

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.