Alesis Matica 900 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th March 2006, 08:25 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Alesis Matica 900

I am repairing this amp. I have different input sensivity on the channels. I'll be glad If someone can help me with serv. manual or schematics. Therefore here is my email audiotech@email.si.

Thanks!

AT
Old 13th March 2006, 08:42 PM   #2
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

I don't know the amp but did you check the solderings in the input stage? The input resistors and caps? Bad contacts in input switches can also be the cause of this problem.

/Hugo
Old 14th March 2006, 05:30 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hello Netlist,

I checked only the bias of both channels and its the same. I think that I have something broken immidiately after the inputs. Because on "bad" channel the sinewave looks nice as on the good one. If I want to make them clip at the same time I have to set gain potis (scale 1-10) for good one on 7 for bad one to 10.

I just ask for schematics because is much more easier to find what is causing this difference. If I wont get it, as it looks, I have to go on on the hard way. But is very strange the amp was produced in 1996 and there are no free serv. manuals to find.

Regards,

AT
Old 14th March 2006, 08:22 AM   #4
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Did you contact Alesis?

/Hugo
Old 7th March 2009, 07:52 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I just worked on one of these as well and noticed very bad tracking of the input controls. when the controls are wide open. both channels are the same, but with the controls half way, one channel is quieter then the other. I didn't take measurements but noted on the scope the discrepancy.

Also. I found MANY bad solder joints in these amps. these are not built very well mechanically. check everything for bad solder joints. I found some 25-30 bad joints in one amp!
Old 8th March 2009, 06:33 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Jan Dupont
Hi Audio Tech,

Here you find the Service Manual;
http://www.audio-circuit.dk/images/s...900-pwr-sm.pdf

Good luck
Old 8th March 2009, 10:05 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hello ACD,

Thanks for the link. It has been a while that later one channel break down and I didn't have time to repair it. One channel is completelly destroyed. I think the cause of it are very bad quality diodes in voltage amplification stage 1N4148. These diodes are realy a piece of sh... They become sometimes more resistive and current limit transistors are most times too small to protect the current amplification stage. During repair I will modify all these.

Regards,

AT

Hide this!Advertise here!