Op-amp samples

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know any sites that offer free opamp samples?
im after some presicion low noise, low distortion opamps for the ESP mixing desk im building such as the opa134, AD797, opa627, ad825...

also Mackie claim to have a new opamp: the '2068'
anybody know anything about this one?

also has anybody else tried the ESP or soundmonkey mixing desks? im interested to know how it turned out as im about to spent quite a bit of money :rolleyes:

Well... maybe I will give it a try then.
In fact I had the idea a couple of months ago when I was designing a switch mode supply with LM2575.

Under the design process I visited the National site frequently, and I also registered my personalia at their site so I could use their online applications for simulating SMPS circuits.
Under this process I also discovered that there were an 'order samples' buttom, and this made me curious, but I havent tried this option yet.

With Texas Instruments, they often will call you up to see if you used the part and what you thought of it. Worst case is that once they find out you aren't a bonafide company they will delete you from their sample program, but they won't hound you or try to get you to pay. Other companies may indeed send out a sales rep but, again, they won't be demanding payment if they discover you are a student building an amplifier at home and was trying to save a few bucks. (Students building electronic gadgets often become EE's and they remember those companies that helped them when they become professional designers - so samples are a part of advertising.)

I do think that we all need to use the sample program wisely so as not to ruin it for all. Being in the industry, I can always call up a rep and get what I reasonably need, but being able to order it via the Internet is great. If you do try to get free samples, please request only what you really need.

Jeff R.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.