Improving Heatsinks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
has anyone any ideas on how to make heatsinks more efficient, I have a class a amp that runs very hot especially here in the 100 degree Australian summer I thought about sticking the fins of another heatsink into the existing one, or mabeye running some copper wire from the existing heatsinks any ideas would be welcome
Regards Roger

Hi,
ensure the bottom entry of the sink is clear of the floor/support shelf.

The cold (38degC) air needs to get in efficiently before it can get out.

Are the sinks clean - no dust/grime?

Would you consider the fan cooling just mentioned by Snagram & Greg?
Only for summer use.
Build a support frame with a bottom feed fan and an exist slot directly under your sink. Although not in the best location it will reduce your Tc.

If you have plastic can devices you can use some thin copper blocks, of reasonably greater area than to247, each for every group of devices with the same potential at collector/drain. The trick is to use washer not between device and copper block, but between copper block and aluminium heatsink.
However I bet your heatsink is colder than you'd think. You know, water of 160F won't make you harm, freon of 130F will, and so will aluminium.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.