Krell KSA 80 110v - 220V conversion. Need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all of you.

I need some help regarding a Krell KSA 80 amp that i am bying. It is not the KSA80B but the US non ballanced version. The amplifier is in the US and made for 110VAC operation. My question is simple. Is it posible to convert this amplifier to 220-230VAC opearation just by rewiring the primary section of the mains transformer? Also it would be nice to know if other Krell amplifiers are made as "multi voltage" units. Some ML amplifiers can be converted just be changing the wires of the mains transformer. (23.5 can)
Anny info would be great. We have tryed to contact Krell by phone and mail but the company does not seem to be that service minded when it comes to questions about older products.....

Thanks for your help. Peter Jensen.

Originally posted by webercarbmann

We have tryed to contact Krell by phone and mail but the company does not seem to be that service minded when it comes to questions about older products.....

Thanks for your help. Peter Jensen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

they prefer to leave that sort of thing to their dealers.

alternate plan 'b'-just in case...

http://www.belfuse.com/signaltransformer

under "power isolation"

Hi,
there were a couple of thread on converting some modern Krell to UK voltage in the last year.

It appears that Krell have put in some anti tampering circuitry to shut down the amp (and other ancilliaries) to prevent grey imports where the mark up is very high.

I do not know if any of those thread conclusions apply to your amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.