Bozak???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Bozak information is up on Mick's Music Page. Click on Micks Music Page to enter, then the Bozak Button, and finally, if needed, English. Interesting, I never knew R.T.B. made electronics. Back in the distant day, (pre AR/KLH) I thought the big Bozak speakers were the best I'd ever heard.

Curmudgeon said:
Interesting, I never knew R.T.B. made electronics. Back in the distant day, (pre AR/KLH) I thought the big Bozak speakers were the best I'd ever heard.

Yeah, I think amongst Rudy B., James L. and Paul K. with mention also to Hartley and Stephens they had the market for good speaker sound pretty much covered. Oh, yeah, there was also this robot named ElectroVoice.
:D

I have an authentic vintage 60's pair of Bozak B300's or 301's (not sure) and they are very efficient. Sound very good on a small tube amp.

By work you mean restoration;) :D yes the amp is a tank at 3U high 30lbs+ for one channel at 120watts. It has a unique sound to go with it too. Would you happen to have a schematic? I searched, but have came up empty handed or "not that model sir, sorry":smash:

Best regards
Skoda

The Bozak mixer was an all discrete unit with plug in boards for mic & phono. UREI copied the same front panel and design concept using TLO7X's and NE55XX in the late 70's. Metal films and polystyrenes in the RIAA. It was a really nice mixer in it's day. I still have the Bozak that I use in a small PA for my son's baseball team and tailgate parties.

12 years later .. here are some details as found on the web
I happened to be looking up data myself . I have a pair sitting on a shelf.

Based on some info from a Studio Sound magazine dated August 1978

CMA -1 -120
Power output: 120W rms into 8 ohm.
Noise: 80 dB below rated output.
Frequency response: within 1 dB, 20 -20k Hz. Distortion: less than 0.5% thd.
Price: $500. ( in 2018 that's roughly $1,891.63)

Thanks Bostown. My CMA -1 -120 units perform well to this day. I may have them inspected and serviced sometime next year at a tech shop in Baltimore. Have any future plans for your units?

The (3) Bozak CMA 1-120 amps are still here. I've tested them and thankfully they all work but I haven't done much more with them so far. I have quite a few amps in queue for servicing/restoration before I address the Bozak units, but I do intend on having them back up and running as a part of one my systems.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.