SERIOUS TROUBLE: Marshall Valvestate 100v 8100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, my band has a gig this Saturday and our lead guitarist's head just suddenly stopped working yesterday. It's a Marshall Valvestate 100v 8100. We had a show last night and after everything was set up and he pushed the power button it flickered on then died. You can imagine my panic. Luckily the band before us was nice enough to let us use their setup. I wanted to try and save myself the trouble of taking it in and getting ripped off and was hoping someone out there might have an idea what the problem was.

Please! Please help!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi RevDEAD,
I like to save money as much as the next guy, but ........

1. You depend on this amp for business
2. You need it quickly
3. If you were a tech, it would be fixed or under repair already

Arrange for a rental in case you need it (1 and 2)
Bring the amp to a good service shop. Check with the US distributor. (3)

You will be ripped off if they do a bad job and the head dies during a performance no matter what the charge is.

You got good service if the amp comes back with a clean, proper repair job at a fair rate. That is by no means a rip off.

That might not be what you wanted to hear, but I've seen people in this situation many times. Do it right.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.