Options for upgrading Pre2-dsp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I apologize if this is not the right forum for this....(newb;)First post aswell....

I'm looking for ways to upgrade my Audio Refinement Pre2-Dsp. I've built a bunch of speakers, but this will be my first attempt at anything to do with electronics, am I out of my league?? I'm not looking for anything major, my biggest complaint about that Pre/pro is that it is incredibly light in the bass, there's no impact, just not alot going on in general, is there anyway to improve this? I know it's not the speakers or the amps, because when I run the exact same setup except replace the AR with my Mcintosh MX-130 the difference is monumental to say the least.

Any tips on where to start, or what to look for? Is it even possible to do much with a HT pre as opposed to just a straight ahead 2 channel pre? Would it help if I took some pictures of the inside of the unit?? I'm looking to do upgrades just on the 2 channel side of things, for movies it works like a charm.

Thanks in advance,
Tristan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.