Any Ideas For this Power Supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for this reply,but I want build any project from this forum.
I love the Mosfet amplifiers ,but I can`t find any project for low voltage amps. I can build any transistor-amplifier or any other with integrals.
Can I speak for may be 2x450W RMS with this Power Supply ,because now I can`t pay for new transformer for any specific project? :smash:

Hi,
you have a number of choices with so much VA available.

the transformer can produce about+-50Vdc.
from this you can supply about
1. 18 no. 100W into 8ohm amplifiers.
2. 9 no. 200W into 4ohm amplifiers.
3. 4 no. 350W into 2ohm amplifiers.

If you bridge any of these options they can produce double the power into twice the load impedance.

1b. 8n0. 200W into 16ohm bridged amplifiers. + 2no 100W8r
2b. 4 no. 400W into 8ohm bridged amplifiers. +1no 200W4r
3b 2 no. 700W into 4ohm bridged amplifiers.

or combinations of these.

a remote supply with lots of rectifiers into separate smoothing banks could then be run to very compact amps located beside (inside) the speakers. 4pole plugs and sockets to connect everything back to PSU.

Sure looks like the start of 5.1 or 7.1 surround. (5*No.2. + 1*No.3b.)

I love the club sound!
The transformer is +35/-35/40 amps . Now i make two cabinets - 3 way ,700W Nominal RMS@8 Ohms,Selenium Profi drivers,WPU1509 for the lows.
I looking for any amp good for this cabinet configuration,may be 2x500W@8 Ohms is my PS is good.
Thanks
AndrewT!
Will be great if you can help me with any concrete project in my case.
I have many capcitors-10000uF/60V for this transformer. I love the sounding of the MOSFET.May be can help me ?

Shame. 8 ohm is good for several reasons but has disadvantages. For instance Beta droop into 8R is less as the Ic is at lower levels to achieve the same power dissiaption into the load. However the 50v rails will limit your power output. This is not really a problem unless it is power you are after. I can think of several designs you could use, have only just joined this forum so can't really point you in right direction.

BTW I use the term adverage power where most use RMS.

Hi,
go and check the ESP site,
or buy a kit from AKSA(100N) or Amp Guru(GB150)
If you bridge then you need twice as many amplifiers and all of them have to be designed to drive a load impedance of half the value you intend to use.

so for stereo 400W into 8ohm bridged, you need to buy four off 200W into 4ohms and these would also be capable of driving a 2r test load. This means a lot of transistors and capacitors.

It would be cheaper to settle for less power and more efficient speakers.
Another thought; how about adding some turns to your existing secondaries to give a higher voltage 40+40 instead of 35+35? or if you have enough wire 45+45Vac. that would seriously up your power into 8ohms and save going to bridged.

You will get more volume if you went to active speakers and avoid the passive crossovers. The amps also end up with less voltage and current going through them.
You may find that 100W + 100W into an active speaker is just as loud as 300W into a passive speaker. If you take care to design the system correctly you might end up with better sound as well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.