My passive preamp??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there to everybody!
I have one, maybe two questions, about amy preamp. I get this preamp as a gift from my friend, year ago. H etold me that this preamp is veeeery goog, and that he spend a lot of money to make this. I have no skills about electronics at all.But i am very curious about it. So, what do you think about this kind of construction? Is this kind of preamps give a good sound(it is good for me, i dive two Meridian 105 amps with it, but i didn't compare this preamp with other "brand name" preamps)??? My questions are maybe little bit stupid, but i just want to know, what i have at home...In case in the future, that i wolud like to buy some preamp with remote, how much money i have to spend to buy a better sound, that i have with this preamp?
Sorry about my bad English...

My preamp consist of two transformers UTC-LS12, two UTC-37, and two attenuators, i mean Military grey, or something like that.

THANKSSSSSSS!

Attachments

• pasiva_165.jpg
    pasiva_165.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 344
Passive preamps using transformers such as yours were extensively discussed 2-3 years ago here:

http://www.audioasylum.com/forums/amp/bbs.html

Sorry I don't have a specific link. You will have to use the search function to find some exact threads about your preamp.

I have no experience with what you have but the messages I read about them make me think you have some of the best in volume controls.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.