I need something at low cost. "used"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, i'm trying to get out as cheap as possible. A buddy of mine is designing a box for my new 18"er. But i need to power this thing at 8ohms at 2-300 watts. Whats the cheapest way of powering this? Most everybody says a plate amp, is that the censis here aswell? I would love to get the best but thats not in the cards right now. I just need something CHEAP till my cash flow increases. Thanks for any help you could provide.

Hi,
I think a very cheap solution is a bridge amplifier.
I used temporary a circuit based on tda7250 with power darlingtonsMJL11015/11016 supplyed with +/- 34V and a bridge adapter, that delivered 220W; it worked pretty well and because of the low voltages involved the price was not very high! But I must mention that the transformer in the power supply must deliver a very high power - for a stereo pair i used a 1kW transformer, with very THICK conductor in the secondary!
Good luck and best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.