Ceramic to line

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok everyone this is going to sound daft, but i have av high quality audio mixer which has two inputs switchable between mag & ceramic cartridge inputs, what i want to do is retain the mag input but convert the ceramic to a line input ! any ideas or circuits would be greatfully appreciated.
Bobcat

High quality and it has ceramic cartridge inputs? Well, if you insist.. :)

You don't need anything to convert it to a line input. Ceramic input stages were designed 'flat', as that kind of cartridge's frequency response (more or less) complemented the RIAA curve.

As is, it may need a bit of tweaking to get the input sensitivity to match - search for 'resistive divider' on google... or use it 'as is' since it's easy enough to compensate by not bringing the mixer input control to 'full up'.

Cheers!

When i say high quality i mean sound quality and build it has loads of inputs cer/ mag /mm /mc line /aux /tape/ balmic/ un balmic/ echo /repeat/ store/ 10 band eq/selective taoe eq e.t.c but i need more line inputs so i will try feeding aknown signal and attenuate to gain the desired results.
Many thanks B/c

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.