Chinese made Classic No6.10 - help! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2006, 03:45 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Chinese made Classic No6.10 - help!

Help! I have just seen a Classic N6.10 low profile integrated amplifier in a second-hand store (Cash Converters – for all the Aussies out there). It boldly states “Made in China” on the back. Silver front black case. Normally a pick-up is enough to tell you it is crap! This little baby had weight. It WAS heavy telling me that it may be a serious amp under the bonnet.

With big protected gold speaker binding post on the rear and a serious looking front panel I wonder if it is an amp I should own. No Book and no one in the store knows anything about it (not that I would trust them too much regardless).

Can any member tell me about the amp? The asking price (‘can do better on a haggle) is $AU495. For a second-hand amp this is a hefty price unless it is a good quality unit.

I tried to find the amp on the internet but drew a blank. I would like to know:-
1. Is there a web site I can visit to get info.
2. Output power
3. Configuration
4. How they sound if you have heard one play etc.
Old 11th February 2006, 12:59 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

hi mhouston,

the link http://www.yushang-audio.com/chanping/6.10/6.10.htm maybe helpful to U .
Old 11th February 2006, 03:57 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

May be the guys in your shop "don't know" anything about that amp, because they might buy it directly from the vendor in China for $AU100....
But even if so, it does not necessarily mean that it is a bad amp.
It might be OK.
Listen to it and compare it to other stuff in the same price level....
Never buy audio equipment just because somebody tells you a story.
Old 12th February 2006, 01:02 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

From the few sites I have visited that has anything about this amp it appears to be a quality unit. They gone to a bit of trouble in designe at least. Some of the components stated seem to be at the better end of the scale. I have to know if it is good value at $AU400->$AU495. How much are they new?? No one seems to know?

I will hold judgement for now - I really don't need another amp (too many already) but if it was good value I did not want to let it go.
Old 12th February 2006, 07:43 AM   #5
kmj is offline kmj  Sweden
diyAudio Member

It can be found new in scandinavia for 620 AU (forex), shipping included. So I wouldn't pay 400UA for a used unit. The price in China as just above 300US (add shipping)

Theres a big market for Chinese hifiproducts in Sweden and even if there are local vendours many use the grey market and import their own (tells you something about price). Because of this there are quite a few comments about Classics products even if most people prefer a combo of power+pre from their productline. I still haven't met or read about someone that wasn't satisfied with a classic-product.
Old 13th February 2006, 09:31 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

kmj

So you are saying this is a good amp? Have you heard this model play? Do you know any-one who has?

It certainly sounds (excuse the pun) the part judging by the components list and a view of the inside.
Old 13th February 2006, 10:47 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

I havn't heard any of their products myself, I used a smaller Xindak integrated for a while thou.

But I guess what I'm saying is that people at the Swedish forum in question are holding Classic in high regards and in many Chinese amps the sound and buildquality is way beyond most "western" products in the same pricerange. Observe that i'm only repeating what I myself have read but the comments I've read are posted by members who know what they are talking about.

Can't you just ask if you can test it? I bet that you will be surprised
Old 14th February 2006, 02:21 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default good cheap amplifier

in china , this amplifeir classic 6.10 costs only 20$usa, but it is good amplifeir , it has excellent reputation on chinese hifi bbs.

Quote:
I havn't heard any of their products myself, I used a smaller Xindak integrated for a while thou.

by the way, i like xindak audio more because of these beautiful appearance. does someone knew redrosemusic amplifier in usa? maybe someone abraod also knew korsun amplifer ,it is also another good amplifer in china, but what a pity, they have closed down.
Old 14th February 2006, 03:35 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Korsun hasn't closed down as far as I know, just changed name (owner?). They are now called Dossun.
Dossun at Nysound

Moderators
Sorry for posting a Link to a Vendor. If this isn't OK then feel free to remove it and tell me.
Old 14th February 2006, 07:14 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default sorry

i am sorry i lost one zero in price about classic 6.10.

hello,kmj
i am surprised that you know much about chinese hifi market.

specially you know more than I who live in china .

it seems that more and more people begin to know chinese hifi product , i am glad to see this info.

Hide this!Advertise here!