Chinese made Classic No6.10 - help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Help! I have just seen a Classic N6.10 low profile integrated amplifier in a second-hand store (Cash Converters – for all the Aussies out there). It boldly states “Made in China” on the back. Silver front black case. Normally a pick-up is enough to tell you it is crap! This little baby had weight. It WAS heavy telling me that it may be a serious amp under the bonnet.

With big protected gold speaker binding post on the rear and a serious looking front panel I wonder if it is an amp I should own. No Book and no one in the store knows anything about it (not that I would trust them too much regardless).

Can any member tell me about the amp? The asking price (‘can do better on a haggle) is $AU495. For a second-hand amp this is a hefty price unless it is a good quality unit.

I tried to find the amp on the internet but drew a blank. I would like to know:-
1. Is there a web site I can visit to get info.
2. Output power
3. Configuration
4. How they sound if you have heard one play etc.

May be the guys in your shop "don't know" anything about that amp, because they might buy it directly from the vendor in China for $AU100....
But even if so, it does not necessarily mean that it is a bad amp.
It might be OK.
Listen to it and compare it to other stuff in the same price level....
Never buy audio equipment just because somebody tells you a story.

From the few sites I have visited that has anything about this amp it appears to be a quality unit. They gone to a bit of trouble in designe at least. Some of the components stated seem to be at the better end of the scale. I have to know if it is good value at $AU400->$AU495. How much are they new?? No one seems to know?

I will hold judgement for now - I really don't need another amp (too many already) but if it was good value I did not want to let it go.

It can be found new in scandinavia for 620 AU (forex), shipping included. So I wouldn't pay 400UA for a used unit. The price in China as just above 300US (add shipping)

Theres a big market for Chinese hifiproducts in Sweden and even if there are local vendours many use the grey market and import their own (tells you something about price). Because of this there are quite a few comments about Classics products even if most people prefer a combo of power+pre from their productline. I still haven't met or read about someone that wasn't satisfied with a classic-product.

I havn't heard any of their products myself, I used a smaller Xindak integrated for a while thou.

But I guess what I'm saying is that people at the Swedish forum in question are holding Classic in high regards and in many Chinese amps the sound and buildquality is way beyond most "western" products in the same pricerange. Observe that i'm only repeating what I myself have read but the comments I've read are posted by members who know what they are talking about.

Can't you just ask if you can test it? I bet that you will be surprised :)

good cheap amplifier

in china , this amplifeir classic 6.10 costs only 20$usa, but it is good amplifeir , it has excellent reputation on chinese hifi bbs.

I havn't heard any of their products myself, I used a smaller Xindak integrated for a while thou.

by the way, i like xindak audio more because of these beautiful appearance. does someone knew redrosemusic amplifier in usa? maybe someone abraod also knew korsun amplifer ,it is also another good amplifer in china, but what a pity, they have closed down.

sorry

i am sorry i lost one zero in price about classic 6.10.

hello,kmj
i am surprised that you know much about chinese hifi market.

specially you know more than I who live in china .

it seems that more and more people begin to know chinese hifi product , i am glad to see this info.

hello,kmj
i am surprised that you know much about chinese hifi market.
No mystery there. Hifi in Sweden is quite expencive due to taxes among other things. Some brave soul found out that Chinese hifi was much cheaper and ordered some pieces out of Hong Kong and the rest is history so to say. There are some really lagre Group buys eminating from sweden to hong kong and many products from different brands now exist in sweden.

I Myself just bought a Jungson Moon Harbour (Cd-player) used. Just after finalizing the deal I got offers on buying a "Xindak Muse", "Original 2008" or a "Original Da Vinci" :bawling:

Regarding price theres a good example.
A specific amplifier Amp is manufactured in China under a Chinese name. It's being sold in europe under a different name and in the US under yet another. You can:
A. Buy it in sweden for the sum of 28000sek (swedish krona)
or
B. Order it from a vendour in Hong Kong, pay more than 100$ in shipping, pay tax in Sweden and have it delivered to you door for 8000sek.

Another thing thats worth mentioning is that some of these chinese brands, as I said, goes under different names in the west. Vincent, Music hall, Red Rose are some of them.

Thanks for all your input.

So the Classic could cost less than $AU300 new. @ $AU495 second-hand the asking price sounds far too high. I would be looking about $AU250.

Fat chance of getting that with the marked price (more like marked-up price) at $AU495). So I take in some small book-shelf speakers, portable CD palyer and cheapy leads and give it a spin, with $AU300 (in cash) in the old-sky-rocket (pocket).

Any betting DIY(s) out there?????

It's Danish:
-separate powertransformer to the Pre-amp
-Something about accesable speaker-something....??
-The remote has the functions On/off, volume, mute
-20000uF capacitorbank made by Jamicon (my xindak had 24000uF/channel)
- The Remotecontrolled potentiometer is made by alps.

Probably not entirely correct but basicly right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.