Audio-test software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I don't know if it's the best place to ask my question but I try...

I would like to make a good audio-measure system, something like audio precision but cheaper. I want to make it with a good soundcard but don't know which software to use. Does it exist a soft that can do almost the same things than audio-precision???

Thanks

Hugues

Right Mark Audio Analyzer (rmaa) is a start but nobody is giving away AP level functionality that I've seen

With execellent sound card (lynx, emu 1820m, esi juli@) you can come close in some # to AP, they use similar monolithic DACs/ADCs but AP puts more gain and filter switching around them to extend resolution for various industry standardized measurements

Anything you cobble together will be slower to setup and use, verification of your measurements/calculations requires more than usual diy persistance but you can get most of what you would need to take and process the measurements in open source sw

scilab gives most of matlab's functionality for very advanced signal processing and display - generate test waveforms and process the the results

open source sound capture/editing home studio sw may be the way to get the data into the pc

measurements could be partially automated with python/java/visual basic

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Hugobors,

There are good things, but nothing like a cheap AP that does all what an AP can do. Look at these two :

www.purebits.com : I can't get the demo at work at 24 bits, but this means nothing. The seller is Paolo Bitorzi from Italy and he is friendly.

www.hpw-works.com : seller is HpW, Hanspeter from Switzerland is a member here, he is very friendly too. I am stil evaluating his demo of HpW Pro and it looks very good.

The sound card should be a top quality one. I am thinking of

RME DIGI96/8 PAD or LYNX TWO A or LYNX TWO L22. Maybe some others exist, but I don't know.

You should look at this interesting thread : DIY Distortion Analyzer/Analysis?

I hope this helped you.

Regards

rephil

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi davidsrsb,

Yes the shop at www.purebits.com is closed, but Paolo Guidorzi (not Bitorzi as I erroneously wrote) that wrote this software is selling it there now. Contact him if you are interested in Sample Champion : he is friendly.

Sorry, but 300 euros is cheap related to what others charge their software (e.g. Sound Technology). Sound Technology is out of the possibilities of normal diy.

Hi AuroraB,

audio Tester crashes on my PC. On yours it may be different. Try it.

In my experience, Sample Champion and HPW Works (this one is the best I have found related to my needs) don't crash at all.

Regards

rephil

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.