MF A1 Clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dhengkoel
if you want-I'll send you pcb pattern and parts placement ;
in handwriting,ages ago before (at least - mine) software pcb tools

I didn't bother with A1 preamp part-it's pretty bad,comparing to power amp part

this days,I'll go just with Mini A,or A100 at least (more Voltage and Current through output ) .

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Herrmann said:
Hi

Choky: I would be interested in your pcb pattern as well.

Can anybody explain how the quiescent current is controlled in the MF-A1?

Regards, Torben

I told ya that this pcb is pretty crude ;)

tonight I'll upload it to my www,and post exact link here

go to hennesy's and read-I think that you'll find needed info regarding currents etc

if not,I"ll try to explain here

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
http://czsr_bac.on.neobee.net/MF A1.zip

or via
http://choky.on.neobee.net/various.html

about 380 KB zip file
schematics is in fact more of informative nature-during scan process maybe I deleted something; didn't checked;
anyway- consult other schematics from mentioned sources

part designation and BOM are based on actual MF original PCB markings

schematic is upside-down ,contrary to convention - I place minus supply line on top,and plus on bottom

just came in tat way when I drew it from dismantled amp

worth to mention:
origigi PS is more than wimpy
for ~ 80VA of dissipation,you must use at least 300VA tranny,not 80VA as in original A1
10mF-0,47E-10mF (all that twice-for + and - ) is barely enough for both channels

if you use the same just for one channel,amp is dead silent with ear on cone-no hiss,no hum.....just pure blackness...... sorta silence gene??!

input elcos changed to blahblah Wima something
all resistors mf 1/3W ,except few wirewwwwww and few 1Watters for drivers

zenners-plain vanilla 1W3

etc

piece of cake

I was interested in CCS-ing one half,even bothered Papa Nelson with that,but-fortunately-he is busy enough and I'm not interested any more in that solution

build A1 or ,preferably,A100- just from memory-around 2x 33VDC and 1A3~1A5 through output stage

must be better ,but-then we are almost in bigger Alephs and KSA50 area....
anyway-nice little amp-maybe is still best solution to make it plain A1 with beefed PS, to keep it cheap and small.....

Dear All;

thanks choky, lineup, torben for your replies and information

i've already ordered the pcb's (i'm not make it myself), but that's not finished yet ..

choky:
I didn't bother with A1 preamp part-it's pretty bad,comparing to power amp part

so i use DoZ preamp ..

http://czsr_bac.on.neobee.net/MF%20A1.zip

or via
http://choky.on.neobee.net/various.html

i can't get your file

torben:
Can anybody explain how the quiescent current is controlled in the MF-A1?

i think from r6 and r11, i will try it as soon as possible my pcb's ready ..

thanks & regards:
ragil.hastomo

mas kartino,

bener sampeyan teko gunungkidul? hwah aku 6 taon nang lereng gunungkidul, nang piyungan, tapi saiki wes nang sidoarjo, jawa timur ....

yes i am a fan of class a, but this is my first class a project, jlh for next project .... my recent amplifier is sc480 (silicon chip) and lm1875 chipamp, i use 2 way active x'over (astral), and drive 2 way bi wire speaker .. i use 6 inch 'curve' 618 and dome 'curve' tweeter (both produced by sinar baja surabaya) .. later i will use mf-a1 for midbass and tweeter, and sc480 for my 2x8 inch woofer (work in progress) ..

regards:
ragil.hastomo

The A1 technically isnt Class A, it's just really highly biased Class AB. I'm not sure i'd choose this design now, the seperate feedback paths and input filters just scream poor symmetricity.

Probably best just to build something like the Krell KSA50 clone and bias it high

my MF A1 PCB's still in work in progress, i think it's too long :rolleyes:

but here is the DoZ preamp schematic that will replace the A1 preamp.

regards:
ragil.hastomo

Attachments

• doz.jpg
    doz.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 1,260
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.