JBL DCR600 woes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks, and welcome to my first post.

My JBL DCR600 home theater amp is messing with my head. I fixed the amp part of it (I think). It was shutting off about 5 seconds after turn on. I replaced the two big transistors for the center channel and it stays on now. The problem is that it won't make any sound unless I have the volume turned way up and it only makes sound as I turn the volume knob and stops making sound as soon as I stop turning the knob. The volume is all the way up, but the sound level is not very loud at all. Aslo, it only makes sound if the surround is off (because of no center channel?) Any clues would be very appreciated

Mike

Well, the amp part works well, I went directly from a cd player to the amp board inputs, all channels sounded off nicely.. I ohmed the amp inputs while still connected to the processor board and they almost read a direct short, so I'm inclined to believe it's something on the processor board. They don't read shorted when the board is out of the unit, but do when it's in it. I assume the preamp is on the processor board somewhere, but nothing is marked as such. I have the schematics but they don't show any voltages for testing. Anybody got any clues? I sure don't

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.