From a schematic to a PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear Friends,

first of all I have to state that I am very bad at English and electronics.
Then a kind question.
Many time I have been amazed by the beauty of PCBs designed by DIYAUDIO friends starting from schematics.
Is there any software that from a schematic can output a PCB design ?
Some of these PCBs seem to me even much better built that commercial ones !
Real pieces of art.
In particular my dream would be to design a PCB for a re-edition of the HK Citation 12 with a single pair of Sanken as outputs.
A very powerful and nice sounding 60 watter/channel.
I saw a wonderful PCB for the Mosfet 12 version, but I am afraid it would not work for the original Citation 12 schematic.
What I like of the Citation 12 is that it should have the minimum number of active components needed.
Very minimalist design. I like it greatly.
Any suggestion would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much indeed.
Kind regards,

beppe

peranders said:

If you want to fool around you could test Eagle for free, small pcb is the limitation.
www.cadsoft.de
It's not that hard to make a nice looking pcb (but make a good pcb may be a bit harder...).
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dear Mr. Peranders,

what a wonderful result ! My sincere congratulations !
I would start with something very basic first.
I will try the software.

Thank you very much.
Regards,
beppe

MikeBettinger said:
You should take a look at ExpressPCB
They supply free schematic entry and PCB layout software with no significant limitations to the home builder. The catch is that it's their own proprietary format so you have to have them build the boards. I recently had some amplifier drive boards made and was pleased with the quality.

Dear Mr. Bettinger,

thank you so much for your very valuable advice.
Kind regards,

beppe

AKSA said:

1) Beppe, Your English is just fine.

2) Try Sprint-Layout 4.0, from Abacom, here:
Sprint-Layout 4.0
It's only 40 euros, exports to Gerber file, does everything you need, but does not do curves, only 45 degree turns.
It's very elegant, and quite full featured.
Ciao,
Hugh

Dear Mr. Hugh,
first of all let me please congratulate you for your excellent and extremely successful audio creations.
I read only positive reviews about them.
Great work indeed.

1) I thank you sincerely for your very kind and valuable reply.
Actually I am trying to improve my English language skills.
I would agree on English becoming the "world language" (so much easier than mandarine chinese eh, eh, eh).

2) Thank you very much for your helpful advice.
I will study the product more in depth on the site you mention.

Kind regards,

beppe

i like Circad also.
however the "free" (also known as demo) version (I think) does not output gerber.
however, it's great for DIY pcb using toner transfer process, though.
:)

mlloyd1

clem_o said:
Hi beppe61,

Have you considered Circad'98? Its totally free, does schematics and PCB layout, manual routing though, which is right for audio anyway. No limitations on PCB size/parts count even for the free version.

www.holophase.com

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.