Channel out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My Paciific Stereo Concept 6.5's right channel is out. When I tap a thermal fuse (white radial box w/ paste) attachted to the power amp heatsinks, it sometimes comes back to a brief, quiet, crackly life. My question is, does this seems characteristic of a blown fuse? To have one channel work and the other not seems like something else... wouldn't it just not work at all if the fuse was blown? Also, it seems that the preamp section is the culprit - when i touch an input to the power amp, there is a strong hum on both channels. Any ideas? Thanks!

rhymeswthorange said:
When I tap a thermal fuse (white radial box w/ paste) attachted to the power amp heatsinks, it sometimes comes back to a brief, quiet, crackly life.

It seems to me , that white radial box is a thermal breaker, that stay always open, try to measure it with a multimeter in Ohms , it need to measure near 0 Ohms, at ambient temperature.

Regards.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.